Sure, DECA ICDC 2018 is gonna be great, but sometimes you just gotta shake things up – you know, stir the pot a little, if you will. Atlanta, Georgia won’t know what hit em’ when the DECA ICDC crews start rolling in this April 21st – 24th declare their competition hardware & take names! BUT, the excitement doesn’t have to stop at the perimeter of the Georgia World Conference Center!
Advisors and students will be in one of the most incredible cities in the country while participating in DECA ICDC 2018, and that’s not something to take lightly! Some chapters may choose to spend a couple extra days in Atlanta, GA while they’re here for the DECA conference, and some chapters may simply be in it for the in-n-out, stripped, bare-bones, essentials version of ICDC 2018. Regardless of the duration of your stay, you will definitely want to think about checking out some of the “non-DECA ICDC2018” stuff to do around Atlanta!
Here’s a list of some of the most awesome activities, events, & attractions available around Atlanta during DECA ICDC 2018 this April!
2. Atlanta’s Southern Food Tour – Few things are as representative of a destination as the local cuisine! If you are craving an experience to taste the flavors of the South, this is the activity for you.
3. Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site – Wanna revisit the history of one of the most influential civil rights leaders of all time? Guess what, they got that too. See the sites of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth, the church where he preached, and memorial burial grounds.
4. Atlanta Film Festival – Running right through the middle of April, this independent film festival is in its fourth decade of annual operation! If you’re looking to discover and celebrate the up-and-coming in film, this is the place for you!
6. Commedia Dell’arte: From Clay to Play! – “Over the course of three workshops, participants will learn the basics of the Commedia dell’Arte tradition — its history, stock characters, and impact on theater from the 16th century until today. Participants will have the opportunity to build their own Commedia dell’Arte masks, engage in fun and challenging performance exercises, and get up on their feet to bring their masked characters to life.” (excerpt from https://www.atlanta.net/events/detail/commedia-dell-arte-from-clay-to-play-/109428/)
7. Lemonade Days – All proceeds from the 20th annual Lemonade Days festival go to the community for historical preservation and education! A good time for a good cause!
9. JordanCon – If fantasy literature & art are up your alley, this is the place for you!
10. René Marie in Concert – The singer & composer will be performing with the Georgia State University Jazz Band. Jazz, folk, and R&B beautifully worked together to create an incredible performance for all you music lovers!
11. Alive! Expo – This unique expo is a gathering of both local and international companies displaying natural & organic products and foods of all kinds!
12. Sandy Springs Artsapalooza Arts Festival – Over 150 local & regional artists displaying works of glass, wood, ceramics, paintings, mixed media, and more!
13. Georgia Aquarium – Probably one of the COOLEST attractions in Atlanta. With over 10 million gallons of water, the Georgia Aquarium is one of the most spectacular aquariums in the world. You can catch fun shows, find delicious food, and even swim with sharks!
14. Freaky Friday, A New Musical – A hilarious, contemporary take on an American classic, brought to the stage with brand new music!
15. Self-Guided Atlanta Street Art Walking Tours – Atlanta is covered in street art! Check out some of the work artists from around the world have laden upon the walls and sidewalks of the city.
16. The Georgia Renaissance Festival -If 16th Century England is your style, there are 32 acres and over 150 renaissance artisan shops calling your name!
18. World of Coca-Cola – Art, memorabilia, & flavor samples galore! This is the place for the Coca-Cola fanatic and the casual soda drinker alike.
We hope this list serves you and your students well in helping to plan your stay in Atlanta this April for DECA ICDC 2018! Please let us know how we can help you make the most of your trip by giving us a call! Our trip packages for DECA ICDC 2018 are also available for you to check out HERE! We look forward to seeing everyone’s triumphant and determined faces in Atlanta in April! Good luck everyone!